Would you like to know one piece of advice that is almost guaranteed to help you become more successful in any area of life?
This one piece of advice can help whether you are a business owner or you are working for somebody else. It can help you in your relationships with friends, spouses, children, and even pets if you wanted to try it.
Just following this one tip could change your life.
Would you like to know what it is? I won’t hold you in suspense any longer…
Do just a little bit more!
What Happens When You Don’t Do Just A Little Bit More?
Before I explain how doing just a little bit more is one of the key things you need to know about how to be successful, let me first share with you how most people operate their lives.
You may have noticed a trait in most people, maybe even in yourself, to do just enough to keep themselves out of trouble.
- At work, they do just enough to keep from getting in trouble.
- In their business, they do just enough to meet the customer’s expectations.
- At home they give their family just enough attention to keep them from complaining too much.
- For their health, they only do something when they become ill.
When you do just enough to get by in life, nothing really changes.
- Meeting expectations will rarely get you a promotion at work.
- Meeting the expectations of your business customers won’t get you raving reviews and lots of referrals.
- Meeting expectations from your family and friends won’t help you improve your relationships with them.
- Only doing something about your health when you become ill won’t help you optimize your level of energy and well being.
How Doing Just A Little Bit More Can Help You Succeed In Any Area Of Life
Doing a just a little bit more is one of the key things you need to learn if you’re studying how to become more successful.
Doing just a little bit more is what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Exceed your job expectations by even just a bit, and you’ll stand out from everyone else who is just doing the minimum to get by. Chances are that you’ll be the one up for the next promotion that comes along. And even if your current employer doesn’t recognize it, others will and new job offers will come along.
- Do just a little bit more for your customers than your competitors do and you’ll have a loyal customer for life. Not only that, they won’t hesitate to tell everyone they know about how pleased they were with your product or service.
- Do just a little bit more each day for your family and friends and watch your relationships blossom to amazing new levels. Take some time each day just to compliment and appreciate your spouse and talk with them. Spend a few extra minutes doing fun activities with your kids. Take the time to call up a friend and ask how they’re doing. You’ll be amazed at what a difference this can make!
- Do just a little bit more for your health and watch yourself feel better and better. Small changes like committing to quit coffee, eating one less donut and one more salad instead, going for a half hour walk instead of watching that sitcom, will all help you to feel better and have more energy in the long run.
Now you know one of the secrets of how to become successful. Doing just a little bit more doesn’t require a lot of extra effort, but it can make a big difference in your results.
Do you have any other ideas on how the philosophy of doing just a little bit more could be applied?