Changing your life can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, one of my favorite approaches to doing just about anything also works great for tackling seemingly big tasks like trying to change your life.
The concept is simple. Take anything you want to accomplish and chunk it down into little bite sized steps that seem a lot more manageable.
If you wanted to apply this approach to making positive changes in your life, you could work on developing one new success habit every three months. Within a year, you will have developed four new positive habits.
Just imagine what your life would be like in one year’s time if you developed four new success habits like these:
- Spending several hours reading success related or educational books every week.
- Taking action toward your goals every day.
- Exercising three to five times a week.
- Eating less processed food and more nutritious food instead.
After just one year:
- You would be regularly filling your mind with useful information to help you improve your life.
- You would be steadily moving toward your goals and dreams.
- Your body will start becoming more healthy and energetic which will, in turn, give you more energy to devote to other areas of your life.
If you made these kinds of changes year after year, your life will be dramatically different in a very short amount of time. All because you developed one new success habit every three months.
Why Three Months?
- You’ve probably heard before that it takes about thirty days to develop a new habit. By allowing yourself a full three months of working with a new success habit, you can be sure that the habit will become deeply ingrained in your subconscious mind. This way you can be sure that you will continue your new habit even after the three month period is up.
- Working on just one new habit every three months seems less intimidating than a new habit every month. Four new habits a year feels a lot more achievable than twelve. The more achievable something seems, the more likely you are to do it.
What Changes Do You Want To Create?
Where you want your life to go is ultimately up to you. By implementing one new success habit in your life every three months, you will constantly be growing, improving, and empowering yourself which will allow you to enjoy a life that just keeps getting better and better.