In my last post, I covered 3 Easy Ways To Boost Your Self Esteem. Today, I want to talk with you about how high self-esteem can benefit your life.
How Your Self-Esteem Affects Your Life
Self-esteem is simply how you judge your own ability to deal with the challenges of your life.
When you have low self-esteem, you are always worried that you won’t be able to succeed. You worry about what others might think of you. You worry that you lack the skills and abilities to deal with the problems and challenges that life might throw your way. In short, you are scared of life and other people and this fear holds you back from living life to the fullest.
Conversely, when you feel confident in yourself and your abilities, you are willing to take more risks in life. You believe in your ability to handle any challenges that life might throw your way and you rarely worry about what others think of you. This fearlessness allows you to take full advantage of everything that life has to offer.
Here are some specific examples to help illustrate…
10 Benefits of Having High Self Esteem
- You are more resilient to life’s difficulties because you are less likely to give in to despair or defeat.
- You are more confident in your abilities, so you are more willing to risk being creative. Higher creativity leads to more success and higher pay.
- You are more ambitious in all areas of life because you believe you can achieve your goals.
- You will enjoy more nurturing and supportive relationships. We usually hang out with people who are like us. If you are confident in yourself, you will also attract confident, healthy, successful people into your life.
- You will treat others with more respect and love because you do not perceive them as threats that could hurt you. When you treat others with respect, they will treat you in the same manner.
- You will feel better in general. You will wake up feeling confident and expectant of good things for the new day.
- You will worry less since you are confident in your ability to deal with adversity. This will allow you to use your time and energy for constructive purposes instead.
- Fortune favors the bold. When you feel confident in yourself, you are willing to take more risks because you know that you can deal with whatever comes your way. People who are willing to take more risks end up being more successful in life.
- You will enjoy a fuller social life. When you feel good about yourself, you don’t hesitate to talk to new people. Each new person you talk to is a potential new friend, business partner, customer, or romantic interest.
- You will be better at using criticism to improve yourself. Because your self-image is strong, being criticized is no longer an emotionally crippling event. You can objectively listen to the criticism and decide if there is any truth to it or not. If there is, you can use that truth to improve yourself.
Too many people are struggling with the debilitating effects of low self-esteem. If you are one of them, don’t despair. It is possible to feel better about yourself!
By following a few simple exercises, you can start enjoying the benefits of high self-esteem. Don’t hold yourself back any longer. Get started today!