Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More is quite a mouthful as far as book titles go, but this book is definitely enlightening and could hold the key to changing your life.
You might recognize the name of one of the authors, Dr. Joe Vitale. He has written many books, articles, and created many products about success, the law of attraction, and hypnotic writing (sales copy writing). His is probably best known for his appearance in the movie The Secret and his other bestseller book, The Attractor Factor.
The other author, Dr. Hew Len, was a psychologist in a state mental hospital in Hawaii. Using the techniques taught in this book, Dr. Hew Len healed an entire ward of criminally insane people in just a couple of years.
This book shares the story of how Joe and Dr. Len met, and subsequently the many things that Joe learned from Dr. Len during their time together. Dr. Len taught Joe the same technique he used to heal all those criminally insane people, and Joe shares that technique in the book.
Without getting into to much detail, here are the two main points that Zero Limits covers:
You are 100% Responsible For Your Life
Everything that you experience in this life is created by your thoughts.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties, it’s because you have thoughts running through you mind of poverty.
- If you are experiencing ill health, it’s because you have thoughts running through your mind of illness.
- If someone else comes into your experience and they are giving you a hard time, you brought them into your experience with your thoughts.
- Even if someone else comes into your experience and they are having a hard time with something, you are also partially responsible for their problem simply because they are within your own experience.
- Even if you read the news and you see something about a war that you do not like, you are also partially responsible for that war because it is within your experience as you read about it.
It can be a hard pill to swallow!
The other difficulty is that you don’t even know what you’re creating. 99.99999% percent of your thoughts actually occur at a subconscious level where you aren’t even aware of them. What you create in your life is all due to thoughts and programs that keep replaying in your subconscious mind.
You Can Change Your Results In Life
It is possible to heal any negative thoughts and programs in your subconscious mind through a process called Ho’oponopono. The process is no secret (it’s all over the internet), so I’ll share it with you here.
All you need to do is simply repeat the phrase; “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.”
You can say this phrase as a mantra, or prayer to the Divine, as a way of asking for Divine healing of your mind. Or you can simply say the phrase as if your speaking to the negative memories and programs in your subconscious mind. It doesn’t really matter, as long as you use the phrase consistently to facilitate constant healing of your thoughts.
However, as Dr. Len states in the book, Ho’oponopono is not a fast food approach to healing your mind and your life. It takes time and persistence to use the phrase consistently before you’ll notice that your life is beginning to change. There’s a lot of negative programming that needs to be healed. Be patient and trust that the process is working.
My Experience Reading Zero Limits
Overall, Zero Limits was a great book and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend reading it.
- It was an easy read, the language flowed nicely and the concepts were explained well. I finished it in two days.
- The concepts and techniques explained in the book were very enlightening. Some were completely new to me, and some I’ve come across before. This book laid them all out in a way that was easy to understand.
- There were plenty of examples provided of how using the Ho’oponopono technique has changed peoples lives. Being a results orientated individual, I like to hear examples of how something has worked for someone else before I jump in and do it myself.
- Instead of just being a technical book, Joe Vitale turned the book into a story of how he met Dr. Len and his own gradual learning and application of the Ho’oponopono technique is his own life.
My Results Using What The Book Teaches
Since I just finished reading Zero Limits a little over one day ago, I haven’t had enough time to give the Ho’oponopono technique a fair trial. As I mentioned earlier, Dr. Len states that it isn’t a fast food approach to changing your life. It takes time and persistence.
However, even though I haven’t seen any significant changes in my “external” experience of life yet, I have already noticed that I’m feeling more peaceful and calm in general. Especially when I’m repeating the “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.” mantra. So even without the external evidence, the increased sense of peace is enough to encourage me to keep going with it.
This book is different from most of the “me too” books that teach about how to change your life. The main points I outlined above only scratch the surface of everything that it talks about. It’s worth taking the time to read through this one to get a better understanding of how the Ho’oponopono process works, and the principles it’s based on.